The OPEN CALL for short-term residencies for international curators is now closed. Thank you for your applications!!
For the time period between February 10 – March 3, 2014, studios das weisse haus offers short-term residencies for international curators of contemporary art who would like to visit Vienna for a short study trip!
Within the Curator in Residence program, we would like to support young international curators in their activities and offer them the opportunity to spend some time within the cultural and art scene of Vienna.
Being part of the program of studios das weisse haus means to get into contact with local as well as international art scene: the apartment of the residents is situated in the same building as many studios of local artists and the residents will share the living area with other international artists and curators.
studios das weisse haus provides the residents with:
– a bedroom in a shared apartment (with a shared kitchen and bathroom)
– a working space
The rent is covered by studios das weisse haus.
All travel, material and living costs are covered by the curator.
In case of interest, please send following documents per email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– a Letter of Motivation (Why would you like to come to Vienna and participate in the short-term residency at studios das weisse haus?) (1-2 pages)
– CV (including date of birth, contact etc.)
– Portfolio of realized exhibitions, texts and other projects
Maximum attachment size: 3MB!
Deadline: January 5, 2014
The results of the open call will be announced until mid-January, 2014.
Please, read carefully through the terms of agreement (find below).
With your application you automatically agree with the terms of agreement.
We are looking forward to your applications!
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
– Attestation of the health insurance – valid in Austria (for health and accident): At the latest date, the curator in residence must provide proof of insurance (health/accident) to das weisse haus by the time of arrival. Upon failure to do so, das weisse haus will take out an insurance policy for him or her, but the curator in residence will be responsible for the insurance charges.
– Furthermore, the resident must comply with the house rules and regulations. Intentional damages to the building or studio space must be paid for by the resident and will be deducted from his or her allowance.
– The resident confirms his/her obligation to provide a report of his/her artistic occupation during his/her stay at the end of his residency before leaving studios das weisse haus. This report ought to be composed according to the requirements of studios das weisse haus. The resident entitles studios das weisse haus to publish all contents of this report.
– studios das weisse haus requests the courtesy from the resident to mention the studio program in his/her works/publications/projects, etc that emerged during the residency, be it in terms of a credit, an acknowledgement or a logo placement.
– The resident is hereby made aware of the fact that he/she is required to declare his/her income in Austria. studios das weisse haus is in no case liable for any claims resulting from these payments.
– In conclusion, studios das weisse haus explicitly declares that no contract is being signed between the resident and the residence program of das weisse haus and that studios das weisse haus does not acquire any rights to the works by the curator in residence.
– A bedroom in a shared apartment, a studio space in a shared studio (free of charge for the curator in residence), a shared kitchen and shared bathroom facilities are provided by studios das weisse haus. The resident is responsible for keeping his/her own bedroom clean and tidy. When using shared facilities such as toilet, bathroom and kitchen the resident shall keep in mind, that others use these facilities as well and thus try keeping them clean and tidy.
– Please take into consideration that studios das weisse haus documents (picture and video) the studio and residence program and the stay of the residents, artists, curators for social media, website and press purposes.